Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Taste of Georgetown (Cupcakes, that is)

 "Please, Daddy?!  Please?!"  Who could resist?  Besides, it was my birthday, and being on the road for the day, I figured this was my one opportunity to enjoy some cake on my big day.  So we took a detour on our way from No.Va. to Richmond and headed to D.C. to see if Georgetown Cupcake (made famous by their DC Cupcakes show on TLC) was worth all the hype.  God blessed us with a coveted free parking spot just a block away, and with an arrival just prior to the huge crowds.  The girls were in food heaven as they chose their flavors, then enjoyed them while watching the cupcake chefs work their magic for the long line of customers that had amassed after us.  The verdict?  Delicious!  Almost as good as my 10-year-old Elise makes at home (and that's quite a compliment to Georgetown Cupcake!).  Our recommendation, based on our limited sampling:  go with the Lemon Berry.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: